Tutorial – the basics of child psychotherapy.
You can get acquainted with the key ideas of the humanistic approach in working with children and their parents, will form a qualitatively new position at work.
This program is exclusive to our country, as it includes a system of integrated training of child psychologists.
The program is conducted by an experienced child psychotherapist, Puga T. S., teacher at Moscow Institute of Psychoanalysis.
Children are people too! This is the motto of this program.
Want to become a child psychologist?
Maybe you need to improve professional knowledge and skills?
You are interested humanistic approach to psychotherapy?
Need new equipment and technology?
Want to understand how to work with young children, how to help children in crisis what to do with teenagers, how to talk and work with parents?
Welcome to the training program, which will allow You to become more professional, more freely in the work, to understand their strengths and points for professional growth.
Each module deals with certain aspects of work with children:
1. “To see the baby.”
Who are the children? How to install and maintain contact with children? What might help the child psychotherapy? How to install and maintain contact with the parent? How to hold the first meeting? – to these and other questions we will seek answers to the first workshop. And also, we find out: the child psychotherapy is different from an adult; we learn about the goals of child psychotherapy;
identify personality characteristics of the child psychotherapist; consider the ethical standards of the children’s therapist; will consider the age characteristics and objectives of child development, as well as evaluate as a child psychologist to use it in working with the child and his parents.
• Will be able to establish contact with different children and their parents;
•Will learn how to inform parents about the age characteristics of children;
• Learn how to organize a first meeting.
• Understand what to do and what not to do with children in crisis, how to help children and their parents to overcome the crisis;
• Understand about the personality of the child psychologist: what are the main qualities you can rely on and what you need to augment.
2. “To understand and not to disturb”.
The second module is devoted to the creation of therapeutic relationship with the child and the parent, as well as diagnostic aspects in child psychotherapy. We will find the answers to these questions – What is “allow to be” child in child psychotherapy? How to learn to understand the inner world of the child? As not to disturb the world? How to understand the world of a parent? What diagnostic tools is a children’s therapist? Sometimes, it seems, to understand what happens to a child need a lot of tests and techniques. Are they always this works?
The main factor of change of the child in the process of child psychotherapy is the proper creation of the therapeutic relationship. What they mean, how to create them, and does every?
• What a beast psychotherapeutic contract why and how to conclude it.
• The result of the work of child psychologists in than he is, whose responsibility is who is responsible for what – parents and psychologist. How to correctly distribute responsibility, and not to take on the impossible;
•You will learn to understand what is happening with the child, using diagnostic observation;
• You will learn how to use the method of observation in the diagnosis of conditions of the child, as well as in diagnostics in the system of relations between parent-child;
• You will learn how to use projective techniques to understand the inner world of the child;
• By way of examples of children’s drawings we discuss live cases, and strategies of working with them.
3. “To live and overcome”.
In the third module, we consider the structure and phases of child psychotherapy process and understand what changes occur in the inner world of the child and the parent. Get acquainted with such methods of work as play therapy, fairy tale therapy, art therapy, sand therapy. Learn how to work with children’s feelings – fear, anger, resentment. Understand how to organize and conduct psychotherapeutic group work with children or
• You will have a clear sequence of stages, intuitive algorithm.
• You will understand what is transference and counter transference, interpretation in the work child psychologists as competent tool to use to change in the process of child psychotherapy;
• You will learn how to treat feelings in psychotherapy how to work with different emotional States of children using methods of art therapy, Skazka therapy, play therapy, sand therapy.
• You will have a clear algorithm for the organization and conduct of group work with children, adolescents and their parents. What to draw, what to consider.
4. “Faith, stability, flexibility.”
The fourth module covers aspects of the work of child psychologist with children with disabilities and children in difficult life situations.
We will discuss such complex topics as: child and adolescent depression, suicidale behavior of children and adolescents; domestic violence; psychosomatic diseases of children and adolescents. Understand what is childhood trauma and how to work child psychologist. Learn how to use a children’s therapist in a variety of complex situations and violations of children’s development.
• You will learn about their professional limits in order to feel their competence, not to fade profession, to be maximally useful to your clients and determine their professional niche.
• Learn how to use a children’s therapist in a variety of complex situations and violations of children’s development.
• You will be working with children with developmental disabilities,
• We will discuss the models of work of child psychologists with different complex cases: childhood trauma, suicidal behavior, child abuse, depression, etc.
5. “Building on experience”.
The fifth module focuses on the integration and systematization of the knowledge and experience. We will review and discuss cases presented in the work of child psychologist. Will see how group supervision. Can figure out what we can build.
• You will understand why you need supervision, what is the sense of how she prevents professional burnout, be more effective and useful for their customers.
• Recognize your strengths and gain more confidence in their professional positions.
• Learn how to correctly dispense with difficult situations.
• You will have the opportunity to work through their own difficult cases, get supervision.