The Development of logical thinking in children
For the child the ability to think logically includes the ability to analyze things, to compare and to generalize them, subjecting the classification to build and systematized by certain characteristics of the rows of items. Daily to the child through the senses received an enormous amount of information. Adults from infancy children are taught to recognize objects, understand various phenomena and processes. All of these activities, the brain can only be produced by sequential logical operations.
Take little game, show and tell how to proceed with this or that toy that can be done with a particular subject. Repeating after us and exploring all around him, the child learns to compare objects, to distinguish them similar to each other, to recognize objects in the same group to draw conclusions and perform the most simple logic puzzles. This knowledge is very useful and in the school will need to look for patterns of phenomena and to make correct conclusions, and in adult life, to not get lost in complex emergency situations.
^ The development of logic in children of different ages
Very conditionally possible to allocate three stages in the development of logical thinking in children: the job with items, quests with pictures, oral job. When solving logical tasks the brain performs consistently with the following tasks: analysis, conclusion, conclusion. Parents should be aware of this and dealing with the child, and required to verbalize their thoughts and to comment on their actions. Because it is very important to explain to kids why this task you have done such a conclusion, and not the other, took such a decision.
In addition, each assignment must correspond with the age of the baby. It can be that have not yet formed the conditioned-reflex connections, which are responsible for ability to perform complex logical tasks. For example, to solve verbal puzzles the child should already be well developed creative thinking, as it will be closer to 4-5 years.
^ Games for logical thinking in children
Many parents are in a hurry to record their child in the category of dull, unready. Why is this happening? Maybe just the adults do not know how to explain to the child what needs to be done in a certain logical puzzle. Let’s give some examples what exercises to give preference to a particular age of the child.
Children up to 3 years. At this age actively developing fine motor skills, so offer your kids a fun job, where will need:
– sort the items “handful” depending on their color, shape, material;
– to classify objects with a common theme and share the card with their image (fruits and vegetables, shoes and clothes, kitchenware and furniture);
– to make a picture of the individual parts. For a start, will be good to do this task: take a square picture from an old magazine glued to cardboard, then cut into four parts and show your child how to fold correctly. In sale is a set of 4 cubes with the image of cartoon characters is too good.
The kids love at this age with their parents to consider narrative picture books depicting different situations of life: children playing in the sandbox, mom is shopping in the store, the family has been cleaning.
Children 3-5 years. Engage with designers (blocks, Legos, mosaic). This will help to form a child’s capacity for logic synthesis. Toddler learning using three-dimensional figures to repeat a given topic according to your sample or picture-instructions, as well as creating new looks. And then actively develops creative thinking.
Examples of logic exercises for this age:
– eliminate some unnecessary item that does not match the characteristics of the group, for example, among the cars the boat, among fruit cookies;
– repeat the logical chain (to study the property of rhythm): to spread from previously prepared or draw pictures in the album, the serial number of shapes, for example round, oval, square, triangle. You should start with two shapes, gradually increasing their number. Then to complicate the task, asking them to determine which shapes are missing in the row.
– to teach figurative logical thinking: make the puzzles normal and tricky. For example. What’s warmer coat? Two coats. Whose head road? The cow – Yes there is a head of horns.
Invite the children to paint pictures for coloring, simple and with many parts where a certain number that corresponds to its color. There are tasks with pictures, where you have to determine where, whose tail had drawn animals which patch to stitch on the dress, focusing on the shape of the contours or to help the hero to go through the maze and reach the exit.
Children of 6-7 years. Should actively train creative thinking and learn to solve math problems in your mind. The development of logic in this age contribute to the games various Board games – chess, checkers, folding puzzles and challenging designers of many small parts, prefabricated toys and puzzles. Pay attention of children to phenomena in the surrounding world and help to establish a causal connection, simulating future events. For example, discuss what would happen if the house catches fire.